2013-05-02 / Front Page

Dryer fire displaces South Brunswick family

SOUTH BRUNSWICK — A Pullman Loop family was displaced and their pet cat was killed after a fire on Sunday morning.

The South Brunswick Police Department and the Monmouth Junction Fire Department responded to the residence around 9:23 a.m. April 28 for a report of a dryer fire.

Emergency personnel were met with heavy smoke conditions throughout the residence and found all occupants waiting outside.

Firefighters entered the structure and were able to contain the fire to the basement laundry room. The basement suffered extensive smoke and fire damage, with the first and second floors suffering smoke damage, according to police Detective Sgt. James Ryan.

There were no injuries to the residents or the firefighters on scene.

The Kendall Park Fire Company, the Kingston Fire Company, North Brunswick Fire Company No. 2, the Monmouth Junction First Aid Squad and the Kingston First Aid Squad also responded to the fire.

The Jamesburg and Franklin Park fire departments assisted by covering South Brunswick during the incident.

The fire is under investigation by the South Brunswick Fire Safety Bureau.

Return to top